Well friends, it�s 2009, Year of the Weinerdog, and we�re on track for a bright bright future full of peace and prosperity. Births are up, deaths are down, humans are taller than ever, the mutated genes needed to finally evolve wheels on our feet are in place, gerbil power is clean and affordable, the sun has been zoned for advertising, tap water has been flavored, we have beaten cancer, we have beaten head lice, and we�ve landed more exotic animals on the moon than any other country (monkeys, snow leopards, giraffes, winged cats).

On the downside of things, I guess there�s something going on with the economy, and also my book is encountering some delays. Many of you have already preordered WARM BODIES, so I regret to present this gloomy quarterly report to you, my shareholders, but hopefully none of you will panic. In my trailers and such, I said the book would be available before the end of January 2009. However, I�m currently still doing revisions, and it turns out my super-editor won�t be available to review the final draft until February 1st. So in the interest of transparency, here�s my approximate timetable:


Jan 18 � I finish my semi-final draft

Jan 19 � I finally get to sleep in and relax for a bit

Feb 1 � Laurie Webb begins review

Feb 7 � Laurie Webb gives me final notes

Feb 14 � I finish final edits

Feb 15 � I send the book to the printers

Feb 27 � The printers finish the book

Feb 28 � I ship the book to you!



I apologize profusely to all of you beautiful beautiful people who preordered. I will get the book to you as soon as possibly possible!

I really can�t express my surprise and gratitude for how well you guys have been responding, I�m not used to this kind of love! I�ve already sold over half of my entire print run, leaving just 48 copies still available. (hint hint)

Thank you bestfriends!


Here's a reminder of what it is we're talking about here:



.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top