NOTE: Since this is the 3rd result on Google searches for Warm Bodies, I'm making a couple addendums. Warm Bodies is out now from Atria Books. Watch the trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBv7cC_qU30

And buy the book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Warm-Bodies-Novel-Isaac-Marion/dp/1439192316/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304529070&sr=8-1

Now back to the post...


Alright guys, the wait is over. After almost exactly 9 months of labor, the book has emerged, hot and wet and slimy.




I shipped it to your asses this morning. Everyone who ordered before today, expect a book in your box within a week or two. If you haven't gotten it after two weeks (except you, international orders! You have to wait.) email me, because my shipping system is about as sophisticated as the post office in the Flintstones, so it's entirely likely that I screwed up a few orders.

A couple notes on this book:

1. There is no connection between this Julie and the Julie from The Inside. Julie from The Inside will be renamed if that book is ever published, I just needed to use the name for this character in Warm Bodies, for various reasons I won't bother to explain.

2. If you're a graphic design aficionado, please don't scoff at me for how the right side of the cover is cut really close to the text and other elements. The printers drastically overshot the bleeds on this. It still looks decent, buyers, but please don't diss my graphixxx skillz because of this! It wu'nt me!

3. I owe a huge debt to Laurie Webb, who was my editor-for-hire, and made critiques that led to a vastly better final draft. If any of you people out there are writing a novel or a screenplay and you want creative feedback from someone who understands storytelling, who gets what you're trying to do, and is able to articulate exactly what's good about it and exactly what needs a boost, you have to send her your stuff. It's not cheap, but she is the real deal, she has worked in the entertainment industry for years, worked with Sydney Pollack, and Damon Lindeloff of LOST, and she knows her stuff. At first I was terrified and very skeptical of the idea of getting professional critiques, but talking to her about my book was a unique and awesome experience that still makes me giddy when I think about it, and the book wouldn't be half as good as it is now if I hadn't gone to her. I had to give her this shout-out because I'm still floored at how cool she was to work with and how much she's improved my writing.
Her site is www.diamondintheroughdraft.com



Final note:
Unlike what I did with The Inside, I will NOT be printing any additional copies of Warm Bodies, ever. When these copies sell out, you won't see this book again until you hopefully see it in bookstores someday.
As of today, I have exactly NINE copies still available, out of the original 100.
So, final notice, and after this post I will shut up about this forever--if you want to read it, act now.


I love you all,

Isaac

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top